Sunday, April 23, 2017

Bye Bye Dandelion







The Crayola Custom 64 Crayon Box
Color # 1: Dandelion
Color # 2: White
Color # 3: White
Color # 4: Dandelion
In Stock

So yesterday I broke down, and for only $12.99, I ordered myself a custom box of Crayola crayons!  Did you know you could do this?  I only found out recently.  What a great idea!  Now some of you may be wondering why would one need to order custom crayon colors.  Well, if you do colored tinted stitchery, you know what I'm talking about!

I'm a huge fan of Crabapple Hill Studio, & Meg Hawkey embroidery & quilt designs.  Right now I'm working on "Dance by the Light of the Moon", a whimsical Halloween design.  I think I own at least six or seven of Meg's patterns, and seriously, I want them all!  

Per Meg Hawkey's instructions, "All areas to be tinted with crayon must be colored with white crayon before applying the colored tinting.  This smooths the fabric surface and helps the colors blend more easily".  Let me tell you, you can go through quite a bit of white crayon!  As far as the dandelion color goes, it is a great color that works well with all Crabapple Hill Patterns, but especially the fall & Halloween patterns.  Crayola has recently retired the Dandelion color, so hence, the stockpiling of it before it's gone forever from Crayola's warehouses.  

Right now I'm working on the first panel of "Dance by the Light of the Moon".  This is such a fun pattern!










No comments:

Post a Comment